CBD Exfoliant: The New Way to Refine Your Skin
You may have heard of three-step skin care (cleanser, toner, moisturizer) but did you know there are two other steps? For beautiful, radiant skin, once or twice a week you’ll want to do a face mask and a polishing sesh with a gentle exfoliant.
CBD exfoliant products are bringing a synergistic approach to the skincare of yesteryear. CBD skincare products like CBD body butter, CBD body scrubs, cleansers, moisturizers, face masks and serums – there are tons of options to bring the power of CBD to all of the important steps in your skincare routine; including those mask and exfoliant treatments.
We recently brought you some great information about CBD face masks and thought we’d follow up with an overview of the polishing and perfecting actions of the CBD body and facial exfoliants.
What Exfoliating Does For Your Skin
Exfoliation is a process that uses a chemical or a granular substance to enhance the skin’s natural cell-turnover process. The cells of the outermost layer of your skin (the epidermis) are continuously shed and replaced with newer, brighter cells.
Cells turn over on a 30-day cycle, but this slows as we age or with the interference of environmental factors, like that pillowcase you sleep on, the makeup you wear, or sweaty workouts at the gym. Simply put, it makes you look younger when this process goes smoothly.
Regular exfoliation has great effects on your skin, including increased collagen production, better absorption of serums or moisturizers, and a more generally youthful appearance. Exfoliation helps also by promoting clearer skin, preventing sebum from clogging up your pores, and helping your skin have a “glow” that occurs when you uncover the underlying healthier cells.
The Perfect Pampering Skincare Routine Includes Exfoliant
- Cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser suitable to your skin type. (Twice daily)
- Use a “toner” which also cleanses and helps to normalize your pores. (Twice daily)
- Use a gentle moisturizer that is perfect for your skin type. (Twice daily)
- Once or twice a week, use a face mask to get the deep clean and extra nourishing care for your skin.
- Once or twice a week, use a gentle exfoliant to remove dead skin cell build-up and encourage healthy cell turnover for your skin (This is the step that gives you that radiant glow!)
What Makes CBD Exfoliant Better?
When you are choosing products for your skin, you may be considering CBD skincare products. Yes, what CBD brings to the skincare table is both promising and exciting! Even Forbes says CBD is “taking over the world of beauty and skincare.”
But what exactly does CBD exfoliant do better than other exfoliants? Isn’t just a regular skincare line that covers all five steps sufficient? Well, yes, but your skin deserves better than just “OK.”
Cannabidiol (also known as CBD) is derived from the plant structures of the cannabis plant. We all know it has a wide array of health benefits, but it is also beneficial for your skin from head to toe. Though research is ongoing, some benefits are widely accepted amongst dermatological and skincare professionals.
CBD Benefits for Skin
- Works with your skin’s endocannabinoid receptors for targeted results
- Helps to manage the production of sebum
- Protects the skin against free radicals in the environment
- May help reduce redness in the skin
- Overall, CBD helps the immune system (which is what creates those itchy responses your skin can sometimes develop)
- Soothing relief for skin
Perfect Polish Micro-Exfoliant (CBD Exfoliant for Your Face)
The Perfect Polish Micro-Exfoliant, by cbdMD Botanicals, offers all the benefits of a gentle exfoliant with the powerful protection of CBD. This exfoliant contains Superior Broad Spectrum hemp extract with cannabidiol, cannabigerol, and cannabinol. Other ingredients work to deliver a beautiful, polished complexion that is ready to face your day radiant, glowing, and energized.
- Stone-ground rice flour: An exfoliant gentle enough for the delicate skin of your face, this carefully selected stone-ground rice flour works to slough away the grime and dead skin cells that gather on your skin, and gently lift it all away. Brightens and softens skin. Gives a youthful glow.
- Coconut oil: Delivers powerful antioxidant action and intense hydration for your skin. Improves skin texture.
- Avocado oil: Rich in fatty acids that help to support and soothe your skin. Seals in moisture.
The Perfect Polish Micro-Exfoliant also works to provide the perfect pH-balanced care and provide alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) for your skin such as orange essential oil, citric acid, Vitamin E, and grapefruit essential oil.
To use this CBD exfoliant as a part of your routine, the directions are quite simple. Dampen your face (after you use your cleanser) and apply a dime-sized portion of the product to your skin. Use gently circular motions. Rinse and pat dry with a soft cloth or towel, and you are good to proceed with the rest of your daily regimen.
Body Batter (CBD Exfoliant for Your Whole Body)
It’s not just your face that needs exfoliating. All of the skin on your body has the same process of cell turnover and is exposed to potentially harmful effects in the environment such as pollutants or your laundry products. A gentle body CBD exfoliant can help to nourish and polish your skin all over.
The cbdMD botanical Body Batter is a CBD “body butter” form of exfoliant, perfectly formulated for all of the skin you're in. Like with the Perfect Polish Micro-Exfoliant, this CBD body scrub contains Superior Broad Spectrum hemp extract with cannabidiol, cannabigerol, and cannabinol. Other ingredients were carefully chosen to wrap your whole body in that youthful glow, protection, and nourishing hydration suitable for all skin types.
- Coconut sugar: Also a gentle and effective exfoliant, coconut sugar works to coax away the build-up on the skin and refresh your skin’s natural cell turnover. Unleashes your skin’s natural, healthy glow.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera juice has long been in use (over 400 years!) for its beneficial hydration and nourishing properties for the skin. We thought it the perfect choice for your body’s moisture needs. (It’s not too heavy and is non-comedogenic.) Promotes healthy cell growth.
- Avocado oil: Provides fatty acids that support and soothe your skin. Seals in moisture.
To use this CBD exfoliant as a part of your routine, dampen your skin (preferably after bathing) and apply the product generously to your skin. Use gently circular motions. Rinse and pat dry with a soft cloth or towel and you are good to go!
We all want healthy, radiant skin. A daily care routine can help your skin’s natural process of healing itself and replenishing older cells with new ones. Exfoliation helps your skin to look and feel its best by moving that process along. A CBD exfoliant is even better because while the exfoliant unleashes the healthy skin beneath the dead skin cells, it helps your skin to absorb the benefits of the CBD directly.