CBD Moisturizer: Your Guide to CBD Cream and CBD Lotion
There are many different types of CBD skin care products out there, but there are two that nearly all people – even guys! – have in their bathrooms. One is cleanser – or as the traditionalists like to call it, soap. The other is some form of moisturizer. Here at cbdMD, we have an extensive line of natural skin care products, including CBD moisturizers, body creams, bath products, and our new body butter and dry body oils.
And like so many personal care products, these types of products can benefit from the addition of CBD. As part of its CBD Topicals line, cbdMD already created its Revive CBD lotion as a CBD moisturizer for all genders, ages, and skin types. Our CBD balm and CBD lip balm are for a similarly broad audience.
More recently, we launched the cbdMD Botanicals line of CBD skin care products to create more selections for specific customers. We at first focused on facial care since that’s such an important part of every beauty regimen. But as our CBD skin care line grows to target specific needs and consumers, it is expanding into a full line of CBD body care products that people are wow-ing over. Now, we’ve added a luxurious line of body butter in several irresistible scents and the equally fabulous dry body oil.
So, here’s a brief review of some of our CBD skin care products and body care products and how best to use each.
Today We’ll Cover the Following CBD Skin Care Products:
- Heavenly Hydration Facial Lotion
- Adore Me Eye & Lip Cream
- Renewal Night Cream
- Luv Me Tender Soothing Lotion
- CBD Body Butter
- CBD Dry Body Oil
Heavenly Hydration Facial Lotion for Everyday CBD Skin Care
Heavenly Hydration is our light CBD face moisturizer made for daily use by people with all skin types. We advise applying it after washing your face, preferably every morning and evening.
Like our other cbdMD Botanicals products, Heavenly Hydration is made with strictly non-GMO, cruelty-free, gluten-free, paraben-free ingredients. It’s also vegan, as are our other CBD moisturizers, with one exception we’ll get to in a bit.
This CBD Lotion’s Key Ingredients Include:
- Superior Broad Spectrum CBD formula. This is the same special blend we use in our other CBD products. It starts with USA-grown hemp and features CBD with other cannabinoids and terpenes for optimum benefits, but with undetectable levels of THC. For more on CBD skin care benefits and how CBD interacts with your skin’s natural biology, see How is CBD Absorbed Through the Skin?.
- Hyaluronic acid. We discussed this remarkable substance in another post. But the short version is that it’s what your body naturally produces to help you retain hydration, including in the skin. Applying it to the face helps keep moisture near the surface and your complexion looking fresh and glowing.
- Argan oil. We also recently did a post on the benefits of argan oil, which helps calm and hydrate skin while giving it a radiant glow.
- Apricot oil. This oil from the kernel of the apricot is loaded with vitamins and fatty acids to nourish skin and keep it looking healthy.
- Vitamin B5. This helps to keep your skin soft and supple with a healthy radiance.
How to Use Heavenly Hydration
As we said before, this product is meant for twice-daily use, preferably in the morning and again at night. It also works better on a fresh, clean face. Use your favorite skin care cleanser on your skin and rinse with tepid water. Pat dry with a soft towel. Then you want to use any special products that you use in your skin care regimen. This could include (in this order if you are using several of these):
- Deep exfoliation with a facial mask (make sure to rinse away all residue fully)
- Skin care serums with specialized formulas that target your skin care needs like balance, aging, or firmness
Note: If you are using a night cream at night, you can skip the Heavenly Hydration CBD moisturizer and use the night cream instead, as it will be more targeted to your skin’s overnight reparative processes.
Adore Me Eye & Lip Cream for Targeted, Gentle CBD Skin Care
This CBD cream is made specifically for the delicate skin on the lips and around the eyes. These areas need extra attention because they can show the first signs of aging and be sensitive to irritating ingredients. So we created Adore Me with those issues in mind.
Like Heavenly Hydration, Adore Me is most effective as part of a twice-daily skin care routine after cleansing. It’s also formulated with our CBD formula and argan oil.
Other Key Adore Me Ingredients:
- Jojoba oil. Again, we’ve gone into detail before on the benefits of jojoba oil, which is in multiple cbdMD Botanicals products. We like it because it’s so gentle on the skin, bearing a strong resemblance to the oil your skin naturally produces and because it helps to seal in moisture.
- Vitamins A, C, and E. These vitamins are powerful compounds that help fight the effects of age by plumping and firming up the skin.
- Chamomile tea. The natural polyphenols and phytochemicals in chamomile tea have many skin care benefits as an antioxidant and skin-soothing wonder.
- Hyaluronic acid. This is great to see in a product for your face if you are worried about the effects aging has on your skin. A more gentle amount is useful for the delicate skin around your eyes and lips so that you can use this soothing cream without worry.
How to Use Adore Me
The skin around your eyes and mouth is a bit more flexible so that your eyes and lips can be so expressive. So, naturally, you want to keep them looking their best!
But these tender areas are complex because they need more help to resist aging and defend against free radicals in the environment but can often be sensitive to products or physical stimulation. Therefore, this special cream is perfectly made for that, and how you apply it is just as important.
You don’t want to agitate or rub these areas of your face but use a gentle patting motion with the tip of your ring finger. Apply as you would your regular moisturizer (after cleansing) and then gently pat the Adore Me cream to the area just beneath your eyes, around the outer corners of your eyes, across your lips, and around the corners of your lips.
Do not rub the skin, but allow the product to absorb naturally as you pat it in.
Renewal Night Cream for Superior Overnight CBD Skin Care
Our Renewal CBD cream helps to rejuvenate dry and mature skin but is also quite nourishing for all skin types. Put it on at the end of your evening skin care routine and let it absorb overnight as you sleep to wake up looking refreshed and glowing. This power-packed night cream is on your team to help prevent the signs of aging. So you’ll want to go ahead and get this one set up on auto-ship!
Again, we infused this product with our trusty CBD formula and argan oil, with a few more plant-based oils for extra hydration. Our Renewal Night Cream is loaded with nourishing, pampering, and soothing ingredients for your skin to glow its best.
Key Ingredients in Renewal Night Cream:
- Coconut oil. Coconuts have helped people live even on tiny Pacific islands for thousands of years because they’re so dense in nutrition. Well, that nutrition is also great for your face! Coconut oil is one of the richest and creamiest moisturizers and is packed with vitamins that replenish your skin cells.
- Avocado oil. Known for its deep penetration and fast absorption, the oil of the avocado pit helps seal in moisture.
- Aloe vera juice. Aloe vera comes from the juices of a succulent plant and provides balancing hydration with antioxidants.
- Sunflower oil. This light oil provides omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid and vitamin E and is super calming for the skin.
- Safflower oil. This oil is celebrated for its non-comedogenic nature that helps balance the skin.
- Shea butter. Shea butter is used in many skin care products and is hailed for its soothing properties, delivering a wealth of fatty acids and moisturizers for the skin.
- Cocoa butter. Another popular and soothing balmy ingredient is cocoa butter, which provides rich hydration and protection for the skin. And to answer your thought – yes, it is derived from the fats of the cocoa bean!
- Vitamin E. This vitamin is a powerhouse antioxidant, important for your skin if you want to reduce the signs of aging and combat UV damage to the skin. This powerful nutrient helps with skin cell renewal, a critical process to keeping a healthy glow for your skin.
- Grapefruit, frankincense, and ylang-ylang essential oils. Because every good night cream needs to smell like heaven!
Note: Renewal also contains beeswax, which helps soften and protect the skin and gives the cream a nice texture. But if you refuse to use animal products, even the insect kind, it’s something to keep in mind.
How to Use Renewal
Very much like the Heavenly Hydration moisturizer regimen detailed above, you’ll want to cleanse the skin, pat dry, use any specialty mask treatments, followed by serums, followed by the night cream. Helpful Tip: Set your skin care regimen products on the shelf or counter in the order in which you will use them. Easy peasy.
Using upward motions in gentle strokes, apply a generous amount of the cream with the pads of your fingers to your face, neck, and decolletage (upper chest) area before bed.
Bonus Tip: If you end up with any extra on your hands, don’t waste it by wiping your hands on a towel. Put what’s left on your elbows!
Luv Me Tender Soothing Lotion
While all these CBD moisturizers so far are designed for a daily facial-care routine, Luv Me Tender is a CBD lotion for use whenever and wherever you need it. It consists of a coconut oil base infused with our CBD formula and a range of essential oils and extracts to help calm and moisturize sensitive skin.
Luv Me Tender is gentle enough for all skin types and the perfect lotion for skin that needs a little extra pampering. It’s a good lotion to use after you’ve just shaved, for instance. It’s perfect for after a long day in the sun or after a grueling workout to give you that extra boost of moisture and care.
Luv Me Tender’s Ingredients Include:
- Aloe vera. This extract of a Middle Eastern succulent plant has been used for millennia to soothe minor skin irritations and to provide moisture to the skin.
- Lavender oil. Lavender also helps restore the skin’s natural pH balance and renew its appearance. Plus, it smells really nice!
- Tea tree oil. This extract of an Australian tree (not related to the tea you drink) is a traditional aboriginal astringent that now appears in modern lotions to aid skin recovery.
- Peppermint oil. Mints are another skin care mainstay that has produced many beneficial products, such as menthol. We included pure peppermint oil in our CBD moisturizer to help cool and brighten skin.
How to Use Luv Me Tender
This is the perfect after-shower lotion. Gently rub the product into your skin, focusing primarily on areas in need of extra TLC. You can use it on damp skin right after bathing or apply it with your morning or nightly routine. Make sure to get those hard-to-reach areas like your back and those tough areas like your heels and elbows.
Body Butter for Luxurious CBD Skin Care
Body butter just sounds like a luxury. Body butter is kind of like moisturizing creams to the “ninth power.” They are more luscious, nourishing, and soothing while having a spa-like quality. Our new line of body butters act as the best moisturizer for dry skin and are made with all the same care that went into our other well-loved CBD skin care products.
The Body Butter Products Are:
- Crafted with our Superior Broad Spectrum formula of cannabinoids and terpenes
- Packed with skin-nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, argan oil, and more
- Made with strict GMP production standards to ensure the highest quality
- Tested to contain non-detectable levels of THC in ISO-certified labs
- Infused with 250 mg of CBD per 8 oz tube
Our new body butters come in Pure Coconut, Lavender Chamomile, and Deep Sea, each with their own unique blend of essential oils for fragrance so that you can get the perfect spa experience for your whole body.
Body Butter’s Ingredients Include:
- Organic sunflower seed oil: One of our favs!
- Organic coconut oil: Bring on the luxurious hydration!
- Organic argan oil: You knew we couldn’t resist this in our luxury body butter!
How to Use Body Butter
For that spa-like experience, we recommend taking your time with the body butter. Set the mood with a little relaxing music and smooth this body butter all over your body. Enjoy the moments with your skin and pamper yourself into glowing, radiant, happy skin.
Also, enjoy the aromatic pleasure of these – they smell divine!
Dry Body Oil for Ultra-Hydration
Another exciting addition to our CBD skin care products line is the Dry Body Oils, which may sound confusing to you. Dry oil? By dry oil, we simply mean that you’ll get rapid hydration without a greasy or oily residue on your skin. This moisturizing body oil comes in a feather-light spray that’s easy to use when you want superior hydration for your skin. As with most oil-based sprays, you’ll want to give it a little shake before use. (The spray bottle, of course, not your booty.) But, this is your spa time, so do what makes you happy!
Dry Body Oil’s Ingredients Include:
- Organic coconut oil. Provides lightweight, superior hydration.
- Organic olive oil. Provides fatty acids through the emollient squalene.
- Organic shea butter. Provides fatty acids and vitamins for your skin.
- Organic argan oil. Helps give a smoother, more balanced skin.
How to Use a Dry Body Oil
Using a dry body oil is easy as a few spritzes on your skin and then just rubbing it into your skin with your hands. Allow the oils to absorb naturally before putting on your clothing. Its best use is right after showering.
Beyond CBD Skin Care
Like we said up top, some people just use a cleanser and moisturizer and stop there. But where’s the fun in that? Your skin could benefit from a more well-rounded selection of skin care products added to your skin care routine, especially ones infused with pampering CBD for a little more help to look and feel our best.
So, keep watching our blog to learn more about our upcoming CBD skin care lines and products here at cbdMD. Stay tuned, and stay beautiful!