CBD Skin Care: Your Guide to CBD Cream and CBD Lotion
There are many different types of CBD skin care products out there, but there are two that nearly all people – even guys! – have in their bathrooms. One is cleanser – or as the traditionalists like to call it, soap. The other is some form of moisturizer. Here at cbdMD, we have an extensive line of natural skin care products, including CBD moisturizers, body creams, bath products, and our new body butter and dry body oils.
And like so many personal care products, these types of products can benefit from the addition of CBD. As part of its CBD Topicals line, cbdMD already created its Revive CBD lotion as a CBD moisturizer for all genders, ages, and skin types. Our CBD balm and CBD lip balm are for a similarly broad audience.
More recently, we launched the cbdMD Botanicals line of CBD infused skin care products to create more selections for specific customers. We now have a great suite of CBD lotions and creams tailored for different skin types and needs, both for the face and body. So you’re sure to find a moisturizer that’s just for you!
So, here’s a brief review of some of our CBD skin care products and body care products and how best to use each.
Today We’ll Cover the Following CBD Skin Care Products:
Daily Moisturizer for Everyday CBD Skin Care
The Daily Moisturizer utilizes the ultra hydrating properties of ingredients like rosehip seed oil, algae, and sacha inchi extracts, and glycerin while also giving you all the benefits of our Superior Broad hemp extract. This CBD moisturizer is so lightweight, you won’t even know it's there.
Like our other cbdMD Botanicals products, the Daily Moisturizer is made with strictly non-GMO, cruelty-free, gluten-free, paraben-free ingredients. It’s also vegan, as are our other CBD moisturizers.
The Daily Moisturizer’s Key Ingredients Include:
- Superior Broad Spectrum CBD formula. This is the same special blend we use in our other CBD products. It starts with USA-grown hemp and features CBD with other cannabinoids and terpenes for optimum benefits, but with undetectable levels of THC. For more on CBD skin care benefits and how CBD interacts with your skin’s natural biology, see How is CBD Absorbed Through the Skin?
- Sacha Inchi Peptides: This botanical peptide helps to decrease sagginess and to promote a more contoured appearance. This will plump and smooth the skin in order to minimize those fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: This lovely oil helps to boost the overall elasticity of the skin and also acts as a deep moisturizer all while being lightweight.
- Algae Extract: Algae is packed with essential vitamins and nutrients for the skin and can draw out toxins. It hydrates, softens, and detoxifies the skin all while replenishing it.
- Glycerin: This is a humectant, which will pull water into your skin from the outer layer of your skin to the inner layer to make sure your skin is evenly hydrated.
How to Use the Daily Moisturizer
Use this as a last step in your skincare routine. Apply it liberally to your face and neck while massaging in a circular motion gently until it has absorbed into the skin.
This moisturizer works as both a daytime and nighttime cream. However, if your skin is on the drier side you may want to try our Night Shift cream, which is heavier and will provide even more moisture to your skin before turning out the lights. You can also try to add a little oil with the Daily Moisturizer, like our Everyday Oil.
Brightening Eye Cream for Targeted, Gentle Skin Care
This CBD cream is made specifically for the delicate under-eye area and will deeply hydrate the skin to help prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Hydration is a key weapon against prematures signs of aging. Our Brightening Eye Cream also uses eyebright extracts to fight puffiness and dark circles.
With our Superior Broad Hemp extracts and nourishing ingredients, this eye cream will leave you feeling luxurious and fresh.
Key Brightening Eye Cream Ingredients:
- Eyebright Extract: An herb used for centuries to fight puffiness and dark circles.
- Organic Coconut Oil: A nourishing oil that will soothe the skin and help with overall appearance.
- Organic Shea Butter: A highly popular and natural moisturizer that draws moisture in from the top layer or your skin to the deeper layers while also locking it in.
- Sacha Inchi Peptides: A popular botanical that helps to reduce puffiness.
- Organic Aloe Vera: Helps to soothe puffiness or swelling under the eye while also providing moisture.
- Glycerin: A very hydrating ingredient that pulls water into your skin.
How to Use the Brightening Eye Cream
To apply this eye cream, use a finger to dip into the tub for a pea-size amount of cream. Apply three dots under the eye for an even application. Then using the tip of your fingers lightly pat, and don’t rub, into the skin until absorbed. Use this product mornings and nights after moisturizing the rest of your face for the best results.
The skin around your eyes is thinner than the rest of your skin, which makes it prone to aging. Using this eye cream the right way will help to prevent signs of premature aging.
Night Shift Cream for Superior Overnight CBD Skin Care
This cream takes the “Night Shift” in your skin care and is the ultimate weapon against dry skin. When we go to bed at night and fall asleep, our skin is working its hardest to recover from your day and repair. If you give your skin the right tools, you will wake up from your beauty sleep with glowy and rejuvenated skin. With our Superior Broad Hemp extracts and intensely hydrating ingredients, you will be reliably reaching for this moisturizer before you hit the hay.
Again, we infused this product with our trusted ingredients like shea butter and rosehip seed oil, with a few more plant-based ingredients for extra hydration. Our Night Shift cream is loaded with nourishing, pampering, and soothing ingredients so you can wake up refreshed and radiant.
Key Ingredients in the Night Shift Cream:
- Shea Butter: This is a highly nourishing ingredient that moisturizes dry skin and will make it glow.
- Sacha Inchi Peptides: Help to improve the skin's elasticity and keep the skin balanced.
- Green Tea Extract: Known to provide the skin with antioxidants to produce softer skin that glows.
- Rosehip Seed Oil: This oil is known for its nourishing ability to keep skin supple and leave it anything but dull.
- Rosemary Extract: This ingredient helps to reduce any swelling or puffiness of the skin so you wake up looking your best.
How to Use Night Shift
Just like our Daily Moisturizer, you will want to use Night Shift as a last step in your bedtime skin care routine. The Night Shift cream will not only provide much needed moisture to your face but create a barrier that will lock all the goodies from previous steps into your skin.
To use, liberally apply your skin in circular motions to your face until it has absorbed, and then crawl into bed. You and your skin will wake up rejuvenated and hydrated.
Body Butter for Luxurious Skin
Body butter just sounds like a luxury. Body butter is kind of like moisturizing cream to the “ninth power.” They are more luscious, nourishing, and soothing while having a spa-like quality. Our new line of cbd infused body butters act as the best moisturizer for dry skin and are made with all the same care that went into our other well-loved CBD skin care products.
Our body butters come in Pure Coconut, Lavender Chamomile, and Deep Sea, each with their own unique blend of essential oils for fragrance so that you can get the perfect spa experience for your whole body.
Body Butter’s Ingredients Include:
- Organic sunflower seed oil: One of our favs!
- Organic coconut oil: Bring on the luxurious hydration!
- Organic argan oil: You knew we couldn’t resist this in our luxury body butter!
How to Use Body Butter
For that spa-like experience, we recommend taking your time with the body butter. Set the mood with a little relaxing music and smooth this body butter all over your body. Enjoy the moments with your skin and pamper yourself into glowing, radiant, happy skin.
Also, enjoy the aromatic pleasure of these – they smell divine!
Dry Body Oil for Ultra-Hydration
Another exciting addition to our CBD skin care products line is the Dry Body Oils, which may sound confusing to you. Dry oil? By dry oil, we simply mean that you’ll get rapid hydration without a greasy or oily residue on your skin. This moisturizing body oil comes in a feather-light spray that’s easy to use when you want superior hydration for your skin. As with most oil-based sprays, you’ll want to give it a little shake before use. (The spray bottle, of course, not your booty.) But, this is your spa time, so do what makes you happy!
Dry Body Oil’s Ingredients Include:
- Organic coconut oil: Provides lightweight, superior hydration.
- Organic olive oil: Provides fatty acids through the emollient squalene.
- Organic shea butter: Provides fatty acids and vitamins for your skin.
- Organic argan oil: Helps give smoother, more balanced skin.
How to Use a Dry Body Oil
Using a dry body oil is easy as a few spritzes on your skin and then just rubbing it into your skin with your hands. Allow the oils to absorb naturally before putting on your clothing. Its best use is right after showering.
Beyond CBD Skin Care
Like we said up top, some people just use a cleanser and moisturizer and stop there. But where’s the fun in that? Your skin could benefit from a more well-rounded selection of skin care products added to your skin care routine, especially ones infused with pampering CBD for a little more help to look and feel our best.
So, keep watching our blog to learn more about our upcoming CBD skin care lines and products here at cbdMD. Stay tuned, and stay beautiful!