CBD Moisturizer: Your Guide to CBD Cream and CBD Lotion
There are many different types of skincare products out there, but there are two that nearly all people – even guys! – have in their bathrooms. One is cleanser – or as the traditionalists like to call it, soap. The other is some form of moisturizer.
And like so many personal care products, both of these things can benefit from the addition of CBD. cbdMD already created its Revive CBD lotion as a CBD moisturizer for all genders, ages, and skin types. We recently rolled out CBD body balm and CBD lip balm for a similarly broad audience.
But when we were formulating our cbdMD Botanicals line of CBD skincare products, we wanted to create more selections for specific customers – especially female customers. We particularly wanted to focus on facial care since that’s such an important part of every beauty regimen.
So here’s a brief review of four new CBD moisturizer products and how best to use each.
Heavenly Hydration Facial Lotion
Heavenly Hydration is our light CBD face moisturizer made for daily use by people with all skin types. We advise applying it after washing your face with a CBD face wash, preferably every morning and evening.
Like our other cbdMD Botanicals products, Heavenly Hydration is made with strictly non-GMO, cruelty-free, gluten-free, paraben-free ingredients. It’s also vegan, as are our other CBD moisturizers, with one exception we’ll get to in a bit.
This CBD lotion’s key ingredients include:
- Our Superior Broad Spectrum CBD formula. This is the same special blend we use in our other CBD products. It starts with USA-grown hemp and combines pure CBD with other cannabinoids and terpenes for optimum benefits, but with undetectable levels of THC. For more on CBD skincare benefits, see How is CBD Absorbed Through the Skin?
- Hyaluronic acid. We discussed this remarkable substance in another post. But the short version is that it’s what your body naturally produces to help you retain fluid, including in the skin. Applying it to the face helps keep moisture near the surface and your complexion looking fresh.
- Argan oil. We also recently did a post on the benefits of argan oil, which helps calm and hydrate skin while giving it a radiant glow.
- Apricot oil. This oil from the kernel of the apricot is loaded with vitamins and fatty acids to nourish skin and keep it looking healthy.
Adore Me Eye & Lip Cream
This CBD cream is made specifically for the delicate skin on the lips and around the eyes. These areas need extra attention because they can show the first signs of aging and also be sensitive to irritating ingredients. We created Adore Me with those issues in mind.
Like Heavenly Hydration, Adore Me is most effective as part of a twice-daily skincare routine after cleansing. It’s also formulated with our CBD formula and argan oil but contains a few other key ingredients:
- Jojoba oil. Again, we’ve gone into detail before on the benefits of jojoba oil, which is in multiple cbdMD Botanicals products. We like it because it’s so gentle on the skin, bearing a strong resemblance to the oil your skin naturally produces and helps seal in moisture.
- Vitamins A, C, and E. All these vitamins are powerful antioxidants that help fight the wear and tear on your skin cells that can make you look tired and prematurely old.
Renewal Night Cream
Our Renewal CBD cream helps to rejuvenate dry and mature skin. Put it on at the end of your evening skincare routine and let it absorb overnight as you sleep. You might wake up looking remarkably refreshed!
Again, we infused this product with our trusty CBD formula and argan oil, with a few more plant-based oils for extra hydration:
- Coconut oil. Coconuts have helped people live even on tiny Pacific islands for thousands of years because they’re so dense in nutrition. Well, that nutrition is also great for your face! Coconut oil is one of the richest and creamiest moisturizers and is packed with vitamins that replenish your skin cells.
- Avocado oil. Known for its deep penetration and fast absorption, the oil of the avocado pit helps seal in moisture.
Renewal also contains beeswax, which helps soften and protect the skin and gives the cream a nice texture. But if you refuse to use animal products even of the insect kind, it’s something to keep in mind.
Luv Me Tender Soothing Lotion
While all these CBD moisturizers so far are designed for a daily facial-care routine, Luv Me Tender is a CBD lotion for use whenever and wherever you need it. It consists of a coconut oil base infused with our CBD formula and a range of essential oils and extracts to help calm and moisturize mildly irritated skin. It’s a good lotion to use after you’ve just shaved, for instance, or if you’ve been out in the cold winter air.
Luv Me Tender’s ingredients include:
- Aloe Vera. This extract of a Middle Eastern succulent plant has been used for millennia to soothe minor burns and other irritations.
- Lavender oil. Long known for its antimicrobial properties, lavender also helps restore the skin’s natural pH balance and renew its appearance.
- Tea tree oil. This extract of an Australian tree (not related to the tea you drink) is a traditional aboriginal remedy for minor skin problems that have lately appeared in modern lotions to aid skin recovery.
- Peppermint oil. Mints are another herbal mainstay that has produced many beneficial products, such as menthol. We included pure peppermint oil in our CBD moisturizer to help calm and brighten skin.
Beyond CBD Moisturizer
Like we said up top, some people just use a cleanser and moisturizer and stop there. But a lot of us could use a little more help to look our best. So keep watching our blog to find out more about our upcoming cbdMD Botanicals line, including CBD oil face serum, CBD exfoliants, CBD body lotion, and our special Clearskin line of products for oily, blemish-prone skin. Stay tuned, and stay beautiful!