How CBD Body Lotion Supports the Skin You’re In
We’ve been focusing a lot on facial care here in our series on CBD skin care products, and for good reason – that’s the literal “face” that we all present to the world! But you’ve got skin all over the rest of you too, and even if not everyone can see it, taking care of it is important to maintaining your well-being.
That’s a good reason to add CBD body lotion to your daily skincare routine. Staying moisturized is important all year, but it’s especially so as we head into winter, when skin can get dry, cold, and abraded by layers of clothing. This can leave it rough, itchy, and even cracking in some places.
Fortunately, the plant kingdom provides us with many different oils that can hydrate human skin, as well as extracts that can bring other beneficial effects. Among them, of course, is CBD itself, which you can absorb through the skin to receive some of the same benefits you get from taking it orally.
At cbdMD Botanicals, we’ve taken our expertise with CBD and applied it to other botanical oils and extracts to formulate different CBD body lotions to suit different needs. Let’s look in more detail at our three soon-to-launch offerings and how you can best fit them into your CBD skin care regimen.
Everyday Moisturizing CBD Body Lotion
A good staple of any skincare routine is a light moisturizer to put on wherever you need it after you emerge from a shower or bath, or anytime you find a rough or itchy spot. cbdMD Botanicals’ Everyday CBD lotion is made to be hydrating without being greasy or heavy, so you don’t have to worry about messing up your clothes.
The basic moisture comes from coconut oil and apricot kernel oil. Coconut oil, on top of having an evocative tropical scent, is an excellent hydrator rich in fatty acids that nourish your skin. Apricot oil improves skin’s suppleness and elasticity and leaves it glowing.
We’ve supplemented this moisturizing base with several botanical extracts to pamper your skin.
- Superior Broad Spectrum CBD formula: This is the unique elixir that cbdMD developed for its original CBD oil and other ingestible products, with an innovative blend of cannabinoids and terpenes along with undetectable levels of THC, to support your skin.
- Citric acid: Both by itself and in the lemon, orange, and grapefruit essential oils in the lotion, helps brighten skin. The oils also yield a pleasant scent without artificial perfumes.
- Vitamin E: This essential nutrient in any skin-nourishing regimen is a powerful antioxidant that aids skin’s recovery from everyday stresses.
Mega Moisture Hands & Feet Lotion
The skin on hands and feet get subjected to extra wear and tear. If you’ve been following federal health guidelines, you’ve been washing your hands a lot lately, which can leave the skin dry and tight. And feet can get calloused and rough just from getting walked on all the time.
Our Mega Moisture lotion also includes our CBD formula, but the rest of it is more focused on intense hydrators than our other CBD lotions.
- Moroccan argan oil: We’ve discussed the benefits of argan oil before, and it’s one of our favorite ingredients here at cbdMD Botanicals. It’s a great penetrating oil that soothes and helps repair cracks and fine lines, so what’s not to love?
- Shea Butter: We’ve also gone into detail about shea butter for skin careshea butter for skin care here on this blog. It’s great for locking in moisture, and helps calm skin and even protect it from the sun.
- Aloe Vera Extract: You’ve likely seen the juice of this Arabian succulent in products for minor skin irritations, and it serves the same soothing purpose in our CBD lotion.
Luv Me Tender Soothing Lotion
Luv Me Tender is the best CBD lotion for any part of your body that needs some extra TLC, such as from razor burn or exposure to cold. It’s the richest of our lotions, designed more for small areas that need special attention.
Luv Me Tender also contains our CBD formula along with aloe vera extract to calm that burning sensation, and like our Everyday lotion, is based in rich coconut oil. It also includes several essential oils for extra comfort and care.
- Lavender oil: This cleansing extract helps restore your skin’s natural pH balance and renews its appearance.
- Tea tree oil: Indigenous Australians have long used this native extract as an astringent, and many Westerners are now familiar with its benefits.
- Peppermint oil: This is a natural source of menthol, which has a pleasant cooling effect on skin.
More CBD Does Your Body Good
Which is the best CBD body lotion for you? It really just depends on your individual needs. Indeed, you might need all of them at different times! Try them out to find out which CBD lotion benefits you most enjoy.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this walk through our CBD body lotions, and all of our cbdMD Botanicals products, because this is our final entry in our CBD skincare series before our December launch. If you’ve missed anything, here’s the full list so far:
- cbdMD Skin Care Guide with cbdMD Botanicals
- The Complete CBD Cleanser Guide
- CBD Moisturizer: Your Guide to CBD Cream and CBD Lotion
- CBD Face Oil and CBD Serum: Your Road to the Fountain of Youth
- How a CBD Face Mask Can Cleanse and Purify Your Skin
- CBD Exfoliant: The New Way to Refine Your Skin
But that’s not the end! Stay tuned for more info about new product launches – which just might include another CBD body lotion! – as well as more info on CBD, skin care, and general health and wellness. We’re excited to keep telling you all about it!