The Benefits of Argan Oil for the Skin
In the southern region of Morocco, the Argania Spinosa tree is called the “tree of life,” yielding lustrous fruit ripe with “liquid gold.” The people of the area have used oil from the argan tree as far back as 1550 BC for more glowing, smooth skin. Today, the ancient secrets of argan oil are still used in modern skincare.
You may not know much about argan oil. But we are here to answer your questions about what it is and how it can help your skin. The wisdom and history of this ancient botanical skincare hack are a gift to us now with all of the stresses and modern challenges our skin faces. Loving the skin we are in is simple, with a little argan oil in your daily routine.
Here at cbdMD, we bring this botanical “gold” to our new line of CBD Botanicals skincare products to combine the benefits of CBD and argan oil for the nourishment your skin needs.
Why is Argan Oil So Good for Skin?
What the ancients knew by experience, we now know with science. Argan oil has chemical properties that set it apart from other oils and natural plant derivatives from other species of plant. Because of its versatile weight and hydration abilities, argan oil is considered one of the best for cosmetic use and skincare purposes.
Properties of Argan Oil That Make It a Good Skincare Ingredient
Argan oil is a medium-weight oil derived from the nuts of the fruit of the argan tree. An explorer from Africa discovered the beauty secret of argan oil while traveling in Morocco, opening a wave of interest from the wealthy and elite of England. Today, argan is affordable, and enjoys wider cosmetic use.
Argan oil contains omega fatty acids, oleic, linoleic, palmitic, stearic, and linolenic acids, vitamin E, and known for their emollient and nourishing properties. Many users of argan oil report its healing benefits for their skin, which hearkens back to the original native uses of the exotic oil.
The Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin
Argan oil is packed with benefits for your skin. Here are just a few of the advantages of using this “superfood” as a topical agent for your skin:
- Therapeutic properties
- Facilitates healthy skin
- Nourishes rough patches or sensitive spots
- Helps to reduce inflammation on the skin
- Moisturizes without overwhelming the skin with excess oiliness
- Antimicrobial properties
- Provides soothing relief for tired skin
Can I Use Argan Oil for My Skin Type?
Yes, you can! Argan oil is both safe and beneficial for all skin types, even oily ones. It may seem counterproductive, but even oily skin needs moisturizing. Your skin produces more oil when dry, so using this lighter-weight oil in your skincare products is OK for your skin. It is mild and gentle also for people with sensitive skin.
We Chose Argan Oil for Our New CBD Botanicals Products
While CBD products for the skin are our newest obsession, we wanted the perfect carrier oil ingredient to include in our line. Argan oil stood out to us as a luxurious and tender treatment for bringing new life to your skin, making it a great choice for our formulations. Argan oil is also less comedogenic than other skin oils, making it a great oil for us to use for broad-spectrum (all skin types) cosmetic use in our products.
cbdMD Botanicals products with argan oil include:
- Mega Moisture Hands & Feet Lotion: An intensive moisturizer supplementing argan oil with shea butter and aloe vera for extra soothing power.
- Renewal Night Cream: A facial cream with argan, coconut, and avocado oils, especially good for mature complexions.
- Heavenly Hydration Facial Lotion: A lightweight daily moisturizer for all skin types, with hyaluronic acid and apricot oil to keep skin looking young and fresh.
- Fab Facial Oil: A blend of 24 wildcrafted botanicals, including argan oil, turmeric, and vitamins C and E for an antioxidant boost.
- Adore Me Eye & Lip Cream: Argan oil with jojoba oil and vitamins helps to fend off signs of premature aging in these delicate areas.
- Show Me Love Gentle Cleanser: A good daily facial cleanser with argan, avocado, and apricot oils to gently remove impurities without drying the skin.
We’ve been bringing you the best of CBD oil tinctures and even CBD for your pets, and now, we think you also deserve to treat the skin you are in. We feel confident you will love this exotic touch of history with benefits of argan oil and the modern twist of CBD for your skin.
Our new Botanicals CBD products are rolling out soon, and you will not want to miss out. If you’d like to see what all the excitement is about, here is our CBD Skin Care Guide with cbdMD Botanicals.