Stress is a complex topic. There’s stress on the body and mind and stress that affects our emotions, all of which challenge us in a variety of ways. But one thing is sure – we all face stress on a daily basis.
As a CBD, health, and wellness company, we get asked one question rather often – are CBD gummies good for stress? Yes, they are!
- Understanding stress
- Different types of CBD gummies for anxiety
- How to arm yourself with CBD gummies (we’ll show you how!)
- Bonus: Other stress-busting strategies that really work!
Types of Stress
Stress comes in many forms. Nagging worries, unforeseen events, friction in your relationships, or even normal things like weather can cause stress on your body. Whether or not our stresses are do-or-die situations, they still put our biological safety systems into overdrive.
And that stay-alive mechanism is very strong. Naturally we don’t want to turn it off, per se, but we do want to temper it when stress responses are out of place or cumulative.
There’s a lot on your to-do list and the stress at work isn’t going to dissipate just because you’re having heart palpitations at your desk. You need to be prepared to face stress as calmly as possible, and make choices that will help you eliminate unnecessary stresses.
(For the record, if you’re having heart palpitations, call your doctor, please.)
With that, let’s take a look at the different types of stress.
- Acute stress – This is a common type of stress we all face. It begins and ends quickly so it kind of throws you out of sync. This type of temporary stress can arise multiple times during your day. Severe episodes of acute stress could lead to PTSD or other complications.
- Chronic stress – Ongoing stress, called chronic stress, can lead to feelings of defeat and burnout. If not addressed, chronic stress can negatively affect your health in many ways, including stress to your muscles, digestive system, and heart.
- Episodic acute stress – This is more internal. Think of when you worry yourself over things, experience repeated negative thoughts, or feel dread in certain situations. Therapy can do a lot to help you curb these negative mental habits.
- Emotional stress – This type of stress occurs when you have emotional distress. It could be acute, episodic acute, or chronic if you don’t make changes in your life to help you feel more emotionally well.
Preparing for Stress
Stress is inevitable. You may be able to make some changes in your life to avoid unnecessary stresses, but you will still have daily stress. Thankfully, you can prepare your mind and body to be strong on the battlefield of stress.
How? Consider developing some of these stress-busting habits.
- Get your best sleep. Good sleep prepares the body for the next day and helps to keep your mind strong and clear. It also helps your body to rest and repair itself.
- Avoid caffeine and other stimulants like nicotine. They keep you in a state of anxious restlessness, which makes you fertile ground for suffering during stress attacks. Plus, it’s hard on your heart. Swap out your sodas for fruit-infused water and consider coffee replacements that have caffeine substitutes. And talk with your doctor about ditching your smoking habit.
- Learn some stress-busting techniques. Meditation and deep breathing (don’t roll your eyes – it works!), journaling, taking walks, or getting some endorphins up by working out. Even five minutes of powered calisthenics can really reset your body with feel-good hormones, making you feel empowered and less stressed.
Are CBD Gummies Good for Stress?
You bet your sword they are! If you’re going to battle with stress, make sure you have the best weapons possible: calming CBD gummies, calming techniques to use in the throes of battle, and a strong plan for rest and recovery. It sounds like a lot of work, but the better you get at fighting stress, the less you will notice that things get you stressed out.
Our premium CBD gummies have up to 200 mg of CBD per gummy, which is a powerful little punch for any type of stress your body and mind is enduring. You can use them before, during, or after a stress event.
What Are CBD Gummies Anyway?
CBD gummies are a fun way to get CBD into your body. They are quite popular for athletes who like the before- and after-workout CBD boost, for busy on-the-go people, and for people who have acute or chronic stress situations. At their most basic level, CBD gummies are just like any other gummies, but infused with CBD.
If you’re looking to use CBD gummies for anxiety, you have options about what kind to take. In addition to the CBD, they may contain other ingredients to help you de-stress.
Broad Spectrum and Full Spectrum CBD Gummies
If you want to bring the full relaxing powers of CBD to your body, you’ll want to look for products with CBD supported by other ingredients in the cannabis plant. After all, whole cannabis has been known for its relaxing qualities for centuries, so you can gain the best kind of support from a blend that’s close to nature, but non-intoxicating. This is the entourage effect.
That’s where the CBD spectrums come in. Broad spectrum CBD gummies have a range of other substances from hemp, but no detectable level of THC. Full spectrum CBD gummies do have a small amount of THC, which is not intoxicating for most people but which is usually more relaxing. So full spectrum is usually more effective for fighting stress, but if you’re subject to drug testing or the THC just makes you a little too droopy, broad spectrum gummies might be preferable.
Fortunately, even if you can’t do THC there are other ingredients in CBD gummies that can help you keep your cool.
Calming CBD Gummies
Around the world and over the millennia, people have been discovering and using herbal extracts that help them relax and stay calm during stressful times. More recently, scientists have isolated certain ingredients in those extracts that do much of the soothing work. We’ve gathered them together in our broad spectrum Calming CBD Gummies and our full spectrum Calm CBD Gummies. Although they differ in their THC content, their other ingredients are the same.
- Sensoril Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a South Asian herb whose root has long been used to help manage stress and boost overall wellness. Sensoril is a branded formula that’s been clinically tested for consistent benefits.
- Lemon Balm, Chamomile, and Valerian extracts: All traditional herbs used to aid relaxation and improve sleep.
- L-Theanine: An amino acid found in green tea, which provides you all the soothing qualities of a hot cuppa without the caffeine.
- GABA: A substance that your brain naturally produces that improves mood and lowers stress.
CBD Gummies for Sleep
Getting enough sleep is very important for your stress levels. Too little sleep doesn’t just make you feel tired, it can also make you more prone to nervousness. That’s why cbdMD has created both broad spectrum CBD gummies for sleep and full spectrum CBD gummies for sleep.
The formula for these sleep gummies is similar to the calming gummies, but they also contain melatonin, a hormone that your body naturally produces to signal that it’s bedtime. So in addition to the general relaxation provided by the other herbs, the melatonin can specifically help you to fall asleep faster.
Delta 9 THC Gummies
Delta 9 THC Gummies are made with a full spectrum CBD formula, but with a much higher THC content – hence the name. Each of these gummies has 50 mg of CBD and 10 mg of THC, so this is what you take when you want to get seriously relaxed – stoned, even. So needless to say, you should only take them during downtime.
Managing Daily Stress with CBD Gummies
Let’s face it, every day is a battle between your body and mind and the outside stressors that wreak havoc on you. If it sounds grim, it can be. Stress, especially ongoing (chronic) stress, can create serious issues for your health.
But there are a few things you can do to arm your body and mind for these daily battles. Your armor is multilayered:
- Identify your triggers and be ready when they set off your body’s alarm system. Be prepared with well-developed coping mechanisms (deep breathing, calming meditative practice, or with an outside substance that can help temper the body’s physical response – this is where CBD gummies may help you to restore calm.)
- Remove unnecessary stressors from your life. If it’s triggering you every day, perhaps it’s something that can be improved. Remove things (toxic relationships, jobs, situations, etc.) from your life that cause recurring stress.
- Know how to identify when your body is responding to stress and needs immediate intervention. Some signs include increased heart rate, sweating, a deep and unsettling feeling in your abdomen, pressure in your chest, a thick feeling in your head (difficulty thinking straight), or a long and enduring feeling of emotional discomfort. The CDC has a more full list of stress signs on their website.
- Take action to relieve immediate stress. Take a CBD calming gummy to help your body and mind to feel more balanced during this heightened stress. Remember to do deep breathing or meditation calming techniques to help settle you down.
- Take care of yourself when you are coming out of a stress event. Rest, relax, allow your body to calm itself, and try not to ruminate on the stressor itself; doing so could prolong your body’s reaction to the stress. If you need to take another calming CBD gummy during this time, that’s ok.
You Can Defeat Stress Each Day – with the Right Kind of Support!
So, to answer your biggest question – Are CBD gummies good for stress? – You bet they are!
(Remember to buy a high-quality product, like cbdMD’s gummies!)
CBD gummies are one more way to beat stress, along with breathing techniques and other healthy coping mechanisms. For more stress-busting armor, check out our full line of delta 9 CBD products.