If it’s sweet, it’s bad for you, right? Not necessarily.
There are delicious, wholesome snacks out there. But if you’re on a restricted diet, you already know how exhausting it is to read every single label. Then there’s the price. Pre-packaged, healthy bites are notoriously expensive.
Instead of spending hours poring over all the fine print and spending insane amounts of money, why not make it yourself?
And even better, why not make it with CBD oil?
Can You Put CBD Oil in Food?
Absolutely! While admittedly, there are some legal issues around selling prepared food with CBD, there’s nothing to stop you from making CBD-infused foods at home. In fact, it can be a great way to jazz up your daily CBD regimen. That’s why we’re offering you ideas about how to add CBD oil to food that you can use in your everyday life.
Today’s entry in our series of recipes using CBD oil features plenty of natural sugars, protein, whole grain oats, and your preferred serving of cbdMD’s berry CBD oil tincture flavored with natural blackberry extract.
Our Berry Healthy CBD Oatmeal Bites are completely uncooked, so you won’t break down the nutrients or the CBD, which can be damaged by high heat.
Add to that; you’re able to avoid gluten by using oats! Just make certain your oats are rolled in a facility where there’s no cross-contamination with other grains.
Finally, you can always use agave nectar instead of honey alongside a plant-based protein powder to make it a vegan treat.
And on top of the health benefits, they’re also delicious! The almond butter combined with cranberries, coconut, maple, and seeds provides an intense mixture of textures and flavors that beats your standard-issue pretzel or potato chip any day of the week.
Berry Healthy CBD Oatmeal Bites Ingredients
- 2 cups almond butter
- Desired concentration and amount of berry-flavored CBD Oil Tincture
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate protein powder (vegan optional)
- 1/4 cup raw honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spatula
- Casserole dish, shallow food storage container, or similar (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Portion as you wish by hand or place mixture into a casserole dish or food storage container, smooth until level, and cut into desired portions.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days
If you want to firm up the bites quickly, you can put them in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving or transferring them to the fridge.
Want more CBD recipes and other great ideas? Stay tuned to this blog for weekly CBD oil food recipes along with tips, tricks, and new product announcements related to CBD. Also, be sure to follow cbdMD on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!