If you enjoy using CBD, sharing it with your loved ones in this gift-giving season is an obvious choice. But how do you select the right product for the right person (or even pet!)? And can you give CBD to anyone?
This article provides a CBD product gift guide for all sorts of people in your life, based on what sort of lifestyle they lead. But let’s start with some general pointers.
Who Can Get a CBD Gift?
CBD is safe for most people and pets to take, so it makes a great gift for almost anyone. But when you’re considering giving CBD gifts, ask a few questions:
- How old are they? While there’s no legal minimum age for taking CBD, we recommend sticking to adults. That goes for dogs and cats, too, so wait until they are at least four months old.
- Are they on any chronic medications? While most drugs are safe to take alongside CBD, there are some whose effectiveness may be diminished by it. So you should give the gift of CBD only to people you know well enough to know if they’re on medications.
- How much CBD are they already using? This gives you a clue about what strength of product to choose. If the answer is “none,” it’s best to start with a low concentration, since they can always take more if they feel they need more. If they’re taking some CBD, try to find out what sort of concentration they’re using and give them products that align with it.
- Are they in a job or other situation that requires drug testing? If so, this doesn’t mean that you can’t give them CBD, but you do want to make sure that the CBD has no detectable trace of THC in it. Fortunately, cbdMD’s Superior Broad Spectrum formula is guaranteed to have undetectable levels of THC, so you can choose any products that include it.
Once you’ve cleared those hurdles, you have a wide range of options to choose from.
You can’t really go wrong with a basic CBD oil tincture, especially the unflavored variety since it goes with everything. But if you want to give something more exciting, consider putting together a CBD care pack designed for the lifestyle of the recipient. This CBD gift guide will run through just a few examples of who might be on your “nice” (or “naughty” we won’t judge!) list, and what types of CBD products might work for them.
CBD Gift Guide for Athletes and Fitness Fans
Professional athletes count among CBD’s biggest fans, saying that CBD products help them relax, focus, and recover from tough workouts. A great value package we’ve created for them is the Active CBD Bundle, which combines four great products at one low price:
- 3000 mg Full Spectrum CBD Gummies, a great post-workout treat to help relax and ease discomfort. These gummies have 100 mg of CBD and 1 mg of THC each and come in a mix of fruit flavors.
- cbdMD Recover: A rich cream with histamine dihydrochloride to help temporarily relieve the soreness you might experience during or after your workout. It also contains 300 mg of CBD, MSM, and vitamin B6 for even more benefits.
- A portable plastic water bottle with the cbdMD logo to keep up hydration all day long.
- A handy drawstring bag to tote it all around to wherever their adventures take them!
If you want to just pick one product or create a more bespoke bundle, consider these products:
- cbdMD Freeze: Most people who work out regularly are familiar with menthol rubs that bring temporary cooling relief to sore muscles and joints. cbdMD Freeze provides the same benefits. It also features your choice of CBD concentration, arnica, and vitamin E for workout recovery.
- Broad Spectrum CBD Oil Softgels: If the jock in your life is concerned about THC, they’ll be glad to know that these softgels have been NSF Certified for Sport, meaning they’ve been tested to be free and clear of any and all banned substances. And if they need special help with sleep, our CBD for Sleep softgels have passed the same test!
- cbdMD MAX for Pain: This CBD tablet is an especially good gift for active older people who suffer from persistent joint pain. It combines high-potency full spectrum CBD (which contains 4 mg of THC per serving) with Univestin, a patented herbal blend clinically proven to help joint discomfort and improve flexibility.
- CBD Drink Mixes: All athletes need lots of hydration, and a CBD drink mix lets them get it with an infusion of CBD! Our drink mixes are sugar-free and are a good source of vitamin C as well as THC-free* CBD, so they give worker-outers an all-around body boost. Choose a 10-pack in lemonade, peach, or kiwi-strawberry flavor.
Gifts for the Stressed Out
If you know someone who’s constantly on the go because of a busy career, going to school, raising children, or some combination of the above, CBD can be an ideal gift because it helps users relax and stay calm.
But if you want to really help your loved ones chill out, you’ll want to give CBD products that help create a whole relaxing routine. That’s why we’ve created the Calm CBD Bundle, which includes:
- A bottle of raspberry-flavored Calming CBD gummies, with 750 mg of Superior Broad Spectrum CBD and a special blend of ashwagandha, chamomile, lemon balm, valerian, L-theanine, and GABA for even more natural relaxation.
- A bottle of Calm CBD Capsules with 1000 mg of broad spectrum CBD. These also contain ashwagandha, lemon balm, and chamomile, along with SaffSerene, a saffron extract with clinically proven de-stressing powers.
- A tube of CBD Body Butter in fresh, invigorating Deep Sea scent, the perfect capper to a relaxing bath that helps skin feel soft and nourished.
- A bottle of CBD Daily Moisturizer for the face, helping smooth out those worry lines with CBD and an array of botanical extracts.
The Calm CBD Bundle is totally THC-free*, so it’s a great choice for people who are leery of THC for one reason or another. But if they are willing to take some THC, it can be even more powerfully calming than CBD alone. If you know for sure that your giftee is cool with it, try these:
- Full Spectrum CBD Calm Gummies have a similar ashwagandha formula as the broad spectrum gummies, but with an extra powerful cannabis blend of 200 mg CBD + 4 mg THC per two-gummy serving.
- Delta 9 THC Microdose Capsules have just 8 mg of CBD and 1 mg of THC per serving, but the idea is that you take one or two of them every few hours to maintain a constant level of calm. These are a good option for people who are fairly new to cannabis and need to be able to make small adjustments to work out how much they need.
- Delta 9 THC Gummies, on the other hand, are only for experienced users. With 10 mg of THC and 50 mg of CBD per gummy they will give you a buzz, but for people who can handle THC, their powers of relaxation are unmatched.
Gift Guide for Pet Owners
There are many CBD pet products available for dog and cat lovers, from tinctures to treats to specially formulated products for calming and for joint and kidney health. Our sister site at Paw CBD also features several pet CBD bundles that can make good gift options:
- The Paw CBD Starter Kit for Dogs includes peanut butter flavored CBD oil and crunchy baked treats, as well as soft chews in chicken and bacon flavor.
- The Calm Canine Bundles are great for friends who’ve got dogs prone to nervousness, though you will need to estimate the dog’s weight in choosing between the CBD bundle for small to medium dogs and the CBD bundle for medium to large dogs.
- If you’re getting a gift for a pet parent with both dogs and cats, check out the Pet Innovation Awards bundle with an award-winning product for each beastie!
But if you’re giving the gift of CBD to a pet parent in your life, it’s a great idea to combine something for the pets with something their people will love too.
Similarly, anyone who owns (or is owned by!) a cat will like getting a special catnip-flavored CBD oil and CBD cat chews. And they’ll also enjoy a CBD oil tincture for sleep so they can sleep like, well, a cat.
The Best Gift for Seasoned Travelers
Even experienced travelers often still struggle with jet lag. So if you’ve got a globe-trotter in your life, consider giving them the CBD for Sleep Bundle. This package includes:
- Full Spectrum CBD Gummies for Sleep, combining CBD+THC with melatonin, ashwagandha, lemon balm, chamomile, valerian, L-theanine and GABA for naturally restful slumber.
- Night Shift CBD Cream, to provide deep moisturizing overnight with the natural restorative powers of shea butter and sunflower seed oil infused with CBD, sacha inchi peptides, and green tea extract.
- A silky sleep mask to help them sleep on planes, trains, or anywhere they need some shuteye.
Again, if your recipient is avoiding THC, you can also get broad spectrum CBD gummies for sleep although they aren’t part of the bundle. And if they’re avoiding sugar or just aren’t into gummies, you can also get CBD oil tinctures and CBD softgels in both broad and full spectrum versions on our CBD sleep products page.
CBD Gifts for the Frozen
If you live in a place that has a cold, snowy winter, or you’re sending gifts to someone who does, you know that the season can put extra strains on the body. That’s especially true as we get older! That’s why we’re offering the Winter Weather CBD Bundle with a special selection of products for life in the cold:
- Immune Boost CBD Gummies, loaded with broad spectrum CBD along with multiple vitamins and minerals to support your immune system through the cold and flu season. The sunny orange flavor is another plus!
- CBD Freeze Pain Relieving Roll-On, which deploys the power of menthol to relieve joint and muscle aches that can be especially acute in the winter.
- Revive Moisturizing CBD Lotion, made with coconut oil and an array of essential oils to soften dry, cracked winter skin.
If you have a loved one who struggles with sluggishness and lack of focus in this dark season, the CBD Focus Capsules can also make a great gift. These are formulated with 1000 mg of CBD and multiple herbal extracts to boost energy and focus without nervousness or “the shakes.”
CBD Gifts for Everyone!
This gift guide is just a sampling of the kinds of CBD-themed presents you can get for different people in your life. Take a tour through all of our CBD products and be sure to check out our Deals Page for even more options in gummies, tinctures, skin care, and more. As we close out another crazy year, we could all use the gift of CBD!