The holiday season is just around the corner, an exciting time of year but one that brings added stress and anxiety. Many people feel this seasonal stress, have trouble sleeping, and could use a little calming support throughout the holidays.
To help you prepare a thoughtful CBD gift basket to help your loved ones find more calm this holiday season, we’re taking a look at the best CBD products for anxiety and sharing with you a few of the key ingredients we use in our formulas that offer the most calming support.
- Gift ideas for people with anxiety or stress during the holiday season – like the CBD Gummies for Anxiety! (We’ll show you the best ones to buy.)
- Gift basket ideas for anxiety and stress: We’ll share some toss-in ideas for your CBD gift baskets.
- Three key CBD “helpers” which are perfect for anxiety and stress themed gifts: CBD with CBN, ashwagandha extract, and calming botanicals, all of which look fab in a gift basket!
Seasonal Stress Is Common
Seasonal stress and anxiety is common this time of the year. Emotional pain can also rise up during holiday festivities if you’ve lost a relationship or a loved one. But there are other stresses that compound the holiday struggles. As the year rounds out, business owners stress over the upcoming tax season or over last-quarter sales. Parents put on the happy faces and brave the mall, the toy stores, and the bills to pay for it all. There are travel arrangements, visits with family and friends, and lots of food and festivities.
It’s OK if you or someone you love is not feeling themselves during it all. The important thing to remember is that seasonal stress and anxiety is a temporary situation and it’s fairly normal to feel this way. The good news is that CBD can help you and your loved ones to have a more balanced and merry season.
Does CBD Help with Anxiety?
CBD helps people feel more calm and relaxed. If this is something you or a loved one needs help with, get ahead of the holiday season with a plan for calm — CBD products that work not only to get you through the extra hustle and bustle, but also makes fabulous gifts for anyone who deals with seasonal stress or impaired sleep.
Show them you care with CBD calming gifts for anxiety, given with all the warmth of the holiday season.
Pro tip: Using the search bar on cbdMD’s website, type “calm” and you’ll see this amazing lineup of calming CBD products for the family – including your pets!
Our Top Pick for Calming Gift Ideas: CBD with CBN
Most people know that including THC in full spectrum CBD products makes for super-calming effects, but there’s a silent partner involved that offers calming support. For the best gift options that help bring calm, CBD products that also contain CBN may be the best choice.
Opt for full spectrum to get the most calming CBD + CBN combination. This is because the THC supports and assists the natural beneficial effects of the CBD and the CBN.
Products to Consider:
- cbdMD’s full spectrum CBD Oil with CBD, CBN, and THC, or an easy CBD softgel
- Full spectrum Calm CBD Gummies (best CBD gummies for stress!)
- cbdMD’s Sleep CBD Oil tincture
What Is CBN?
There are nearly 100 different cannabinoids in the Cannabis sativa plant. You are likely most familiar with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), but there are others that play a crucial role in calming support. Together these cannabinoids create the entourage effect, which is a fancy way of saying they work better together.
CBN is one of these lesser known cannabinoids, and it has a calming property which makes it an excellent addition to our broad spectrum and full spectrum tincture formulas.
If you’re looking for gift ideas for anxiety or situational stress, the calm CBD and CBN combination is an excellent choice. What makes CBN special?
- CBN is a phytocannabinoid called cannabinol. It helps to amplify the entourage effect so that you get the most out of your CBD products.
- CBN is created from decarboxylated THC and isn’t non-psychoactive entirely, but its potency is only one-fourth that of THC.
- CBN presence is an indication of matured cannabis, as THC converts into CBN as cannabis ages.
- Like CBD, CBN interacts with our endocannabinoid system to help our bodies much like CBD does.
- CBN is often called the “sleepy cannabinoid” due to its relaxing properties.
Which Products Contain CBN?
Fortunately, CBN is included in many of our products because it is a part of the broad spectrum and full spectrum CBD formulas we’ve developed to bring you the best of CBD. If our product says either of these things, then it contains CBN:
- Superior Broad Spectrum formula, or simply Broad Spectrum
- Superior Full Spectrum formula, or simply Full Spectrum
Preparing Your Gift
Start with a core product or small set of products that include both CBD and CBN, then add some toss-ins to really wrap up the theme of your basket. Your calming gift set can be prepared into a gift basket, wrapped in a small box or package, or included in a seasonal gift bag with lots of streamers and ribbons.
But aside from the preparation of your gift of calm, it’s important to choose the right products for calmness. You may want to start with the cornerstone of CBD products: the CBD tincture. But which one should you choose for a gift? Here’s a quick guide:
- Your first decision is whether or not you want your gift to include THC in it. If you are unsure whether or not they will want the THC, choose broad spectrum CBD oil. If THC is OK, choose full spectrum CBD oil. Both full spectrum and broad spectrum cbdMD products have the added help of CBN.
- Second, choose a flavor you think the recipient will like. There are different flavors in both formulas.
- Lastly, choose a strength based on their body size and needs. If they’ve never used CBD before, then it’s OK to choose the lowest strength and the next strength up if you want to support their journey past the first few weeks. That would be a great way to help them get started and experience the lasting calm that CBD has to offer.
Arrange your products and fun add-ins (like fuzzy socks, seasonal items, and calming things like a lavender essential oils roller) into your basket, decorate with a few sprigs of natural confetti or ribbon, and add a personalized note to tell your loved one you care enough to give them calm.
Our Calming Support Aid: Ashwagandha Extract
Another secret weapon to help your frazzled loved one this holiday season is the calming power of ashwagandha extract. You may never have heard of this before, especially as a partner to CBD and CBN, but we use it in some of our formulations for good reason.
Products to Consider:
What Is Ashwagandha Extract?
Ashwagandha extract comes from Withania somnifera, an evergreen shrub native to South Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. This botanical is well-known for its stress-busting properties and is used in many wellness formulas.
We have two CBD options that contain ashwagandha extract, the Calming CBD Gummies and the Sleep Aid CBD Gummies. Both make our top picks for CBD gift selections for anxiety, because of the CBD and CBN content but also because they contain this calming botanical ingredient. And for those who might want the added benefit of THC, we offer Full Spectrum Calming CBD Gummies and Full Spectrum CBD Gummies for Sleep as well.
Pair these calming options with a sleep mask, a lavender-scented candle, and other relaxing add-ins to create your gift of CBD gummies that can be used day or night to bring on the calm and the relaxed sleep that’s so hard to get during the bustling holiday season.
In addition to ashwagandha, our calming gummies, as well as many of our other CBD products, contain other calming botanical ingredients. Let’s take a look.
Calming CBD Options with Botanicals
To create a botanical bounty of relaxation we’ve got you covered with a variety of stress-fighting CBD options. We’ve introduced you to the CBD tinctures to bring in that steady CBD + CBN team for stress support, and to our two calming gummy options that have additional ashwagandha for calm.
But there are also botanical additions that help bring you and your loved ones the calming balance you need this holiday season. If you see these words “Special herbal blend” on our products, like on the Calming CBD Gummies, then you know there are also specially selected botanical ingredients that also support calm.
- Lemon Balm Extract – From the herbaceous plant in the mint family, Melissa officinalis, lemon balm is known for its calming and relaxing effects.
- Chamomile Extract – From the flowering Matricaria recuita in the Asteraceae family (the daisies), chamomile is a popular go-to for calm and soothing effects. Chamomile tea bags also make a nice addition to your calming gift baskets.
- L-Theanine – This is an amino acid found in tea and in some mushrooms. It is believed to support mental function, making it a perfect selection for our calming formulations.
- Valerian Extract – Valerian root extract comes from a tall flowering grassland plant and has relaxing properties that make it an attractive addition to calming CBD formulas.
- GABA – GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is a neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between nerve cells in the brain. It is used to improve mood and to help with stress and sleep.
Gift Baskets for Anxiety — Add a Personal Touch
What really makes any gift special is the thoughtfulness and intention behind it. You’ve given a lot of thought to choosing the right CBD products for calm, and now, it’s all about the presentation to show your loved one you care.
Include self-care items, pampering touches like a scented candle, a favorite book or journal, or some comfy clothes for downtime that they can look forward to. Here are some more tips to make your gifts special.
Tips for the Perfect Gifts for Anxiety
- Glam it up with a decorative gift basket.
- Add items that build a theme: A relaxing bath night, a wine-themed gift with wine glasses and Netflix-and-chill pajamas, or a self-care basket that’s full of pampering support (can’t have too many face masks and seasonal nail polishes, right?). A shaving or active-wear gift also pairs nicely with those CBD tinctures.
- Use soothing colors for your CBD gift like blues, greens, soft pinks, or classic white and metallic gold or silver.
- Top it off with a personalized, handwritten card or a card with their name written in calligraphy.
Calming Gifts for Anxiety Begin with Thoughtfulness
Gifts for anxiety and stress, like the CBD gummies for anxiety, are a nice way to show your loved ones that you care about how they feel. We all want our loved ones to live well, feel well, and feel cared for and supported. With more calm, CBD gifts can help that special someone in your life to begin prioritizing their health, wellness, sleep, and stress management with new confidence.
Thanks for reading today and be sure to follow our blog for more great tips on how to live a wellness-inspired CBD life. Happy holidays!