For years, cbdMD has helped people all over America get better sleep with our award-winning original CBD sleep products made with our THC-free* Superior Broad Spectrum formula. And now that we’ve rolled out our new line of Full Spectrum CBD sleep products, you can experience even more relaxing benefits!
So how can you use these products to get better sleep? Like most things CBD, they work best as part of an overall wellness regimen. In this case, you’ll be able to get better sleep by using CBD for sleep as an essential part of your nightly routine. Still not convinced? Stay tuned and we’ll answer some of your burning questions, such as:
- What makes full spectrum CBD sleep aids different?
- How do you choose the right CBD sleep product for you?
- How can you get better sleep with CBD?
- What is the best CBD sleep aid?
What Can Full Spectrum CBD Sleep Aids Do for You?
People have been using cannabis or hemp to help them sleep better for thousands of years, and full spectrum CBD is no different. Made with the broadest array of substances from the hemp plant, full spectrum CBD also includes a small amount of THC.
Our new full spectrum sleep products are made with 50 mg of CBD and 2 mg of THC in each and every serving. That’s not enough THC to give you the “high” typically associated with THC, but just enough to implement the full benefits of the entourage effect.
Delta 9 THC is the most natural and potent form of THC available.Compared to Delta 8, Delta 9 is found in much larger quantities and has been far more extensively researched, making it a much safer option. The benefits of Delta 9 are still being unearthed, but one thing that’s clear is that most people find it relaxing – even more so than CBD. So by combining THC with CBD in the right amounts, you get the maximum level of calm possible without any intoxication.
Choosing Your Perfect CBD for Sleep Product
Like our broad spectrum CBD sleep aids, our full spectrum sleep aids also come in three forms: CBD oil tinctures, gummies, and softgels. Each one has slightly different features, so which one you choose depends more on your preferences than anything else.
CBD PM Oil for Sleep
Our full spectrum CBD oil for sleep is a mint-flavored CBD oil enhanced with a special blend of natural sleep aids. Every serving includes a blend of herbs and 5 mg of melatonin, a hormone that your body naturally produces to signal that it’s time for sleep. Our Herbal Proprietary Blend is designed with herbal extracts that have long traditional usage to help people relax and sleep better, including:
- Valerian root
- Lemon Balm
- Passion Flower
Using CBD for sleep in tincture form gives you more control over your preferred serving size, and the greatest precision in measuring the dose than other forms of CBD. While the standard serving size is 1 mL, feel free to adjust it if you don’t get the desired results. With our handy dropper marked to the quarter-milliliter, you can easily measure your dose to the last drop.
By holding it under your tongue for 30 to 60 seconds before swallowing, it’s faster acting and more potent than either the softgel or gummy forms, which have to be digested first. Plus, you can usually start to feel the effects within 30 minutes, almost twice as fast as other methods.
You can also blend the tasty mint flavor into your evening cup of tea or other beverage to help you unwind after a long day. Drinking your CBD oil tincture can make it a little slower-acting, but it’s a great way to make using CBD oil for sleep a part of a relaxing evening ritual.
And as a bonus, they’re totally vegan!
CBD PM Gummies for Sleep
cbdMD’s full spectrum CBD sleep gummies are infused with some of the same ingredients as the tinctures and softgels: hemp extract, melatonin, valerian root, chamomile, and lemon balm. They also contain a few calming ingredients of their own in a delicious raspberry-flavored package.
- Sensoril Ashwagandha: This is a proprietary extract of the ashwagandha plant, which has been used in South Asia for centuries to help people manage stress .The Sensoril brand has been clinically proven to improve sleep quality and support mood and cognitive health, among other benefits.
- L-theanine: This is an amino acid found in green and black tea, which is also available as a supplement to ease stress and improve sleep.
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA): Like melatonin, GABA is something your body naturally produces that’s also found in some plants and can be made into a supplement. In your body, it’s a neurotransmitter associated with feelings of calm,so people take GABA supplements to combat stress.
The most popular reason to use CBD gummies for any purpose is taste. They’re sweet, delicious, and offer the same benefits as CBD oil tinctures and softgels for sleep. Like the tinctures, they’re vegan and have a tasty flavor, but are more convenient, portable, easy to consume, and come in precisely measured units.
CBD PM Softgels
Last but certainly not least, our full spectrum CBD sleep softgels contain a similar formula as the tincture, but they offer 3 mg of melatonin per serving instead of 5 mg. So if you’re a little more sensitive to melatonin, CBD PM softgels may be a better option for you.
Like our gummies, CBD softgels are also conveniently pre-measured and very quick to take. But unlike gummies, there’s no flavoring or sugar so you won’t have to worry about brushing your teeth after taking them. Just swallow a softgel whole with water or another beverage about an hour before bed, and let the sleepiness begin to wash over you.
How to Get Better Sleep with CBD
Struggling to sleep at night as life gets busier and busier?
Then it might be more important than ever to start using CBD oil for sleep to help you unwind and establish a nightly routine. While you want to make sure to work out what’s best for you, sleep experts have a general set of tips called sleep hygiene that may be able to help you sleep better at night:
- Try to stick to a regular schedule of sleeping and waking, even on weekends. Your body naturally wants to keep to a circadian rhythm (that’s what your melatonin is doing!), so you can encourage that by getting up and going to bed around the same time every day.
- Turn off any lights that you don’t really need. Darkness signals to your body that it’s night, i.e., sleepytime. Try to avoid using electronics right before (or in) bed since they are not only bright but often use blue light which can be overstimulating.
- Avoid heavy eating and drinking late at night. While they may make you feel sleepy in the moment, as your body begins to process and digest, it can easily keep you awake.
- Don’t exercise too close to bedtime. Exercise during the day helps you sleep better at night by making you more tired, but doing it less than a couple of hours before bed can give you too much energy.
- Develop a relaxing pre-bedtime ritual or hobby. . Finding something that gets you in the right relaxing state, like meditation, stretching, doing puzzles, light reading, listening to calming music, or whatever else puts you in a mellow mood can help you better focus on sleeping.
- Keep your bedroom cool. Melatonin production seems to be stimulated both by darkness and a drop in temperature, which isn’t surprising since both are features of nighttime.
- Try taking a hot bath between one and two hours before bed. Some research indicates that this helps people fall asleep, probably because the cooldown stimulates melatonin production once you climb out.
The Best CBD for Sleep Is What Works Best for You
With more variety than ever, you can now try out multiple different options to find the best CBD sleep products for your needs. Whether the added THC and other ingredients in full spectrum CBD are just the thing you need to get better sleep, or you feel that broad spectrum products work the best for you: a little CBD might be all you need to help you drift off to sleep at night.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can work cbdMD’s full array of CBD sleep products into your nightly routine to get the best sleep of your life, keep an eye on our frequently updated blog.Looking to stay up to date on the latest supplement news and cbdMD’s upcoming special offers? Connect with us on Facebook,Instagram and Twitter, or chat with someone live today!