cbdMD’s CBD Tinctures: What’s So Special About Them?
The recent explosion in the CBD market has brought a huge array of products to consumers. But even so, probably the most popular product is one of the simplest: CBD tinctures.
But, what are tinctures, and how are they different from pure CBD? CBD is extracted from cannabis in a very careful process to make sure none of the benefits are lost. Tinctures are produced by placing the CBD, which in pure form is a crystal, into a medium to be easily taken.
Traditionally, the word “tincture” meant the medium was alcohol, though most CBD tinctures (including cbdMD’s) use vegetable oil. But they are both taken the same way. Place a few drops under your tongue and hold it there for 30 seconds before swallowing. Keeping the tincture there will ensure that you absorb the CBD quickly through the mucous membrane.
But what makes cbdMD’s tinctures so special? In short:
- Superior Broad Spectrum CBD formula to make sure the CBD benefits are the best they can be
- Using only US-grown hemp cultivated with organic farming methods
- Using only the highest-quality ingredients
- Wholesome MCT oil as a carrier, with optional natural flavors
- Third-party lab testing for purity and potency
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee
What does all that mean? Let’s explore our CBD tincture benefits and why we believe we’re a step above.
Superior Broad Spectrum Formula
When shopping for CBD tinctures, you’ll see they use one of three types of CBD:
- CBD isolate is the pure crystal CBD with no other cannabis ingredients.
- A full spectrum CBD tincture includes the full range of cannabinoids in cannabis, including the intoxicating THC. To be federally legal, it can’t have enough to actually make you high, but it still might show up on a drug test.
- A broad spectrum CBD tincture is similar to full spectrum but contains a more limited range of cannabinoids. In particular, it usually means there’s no detectable THC. For more details, see our earlier post, The Difference Between Full Spectrum and Broad Spectrum CBD.
Broad spectrum gives all of the CBD oil benefits without some of the effects from the trace amounts of THC. cbdMD has developed a Superior Broad Spectrum formula with standardized amounts of CBD, CBG, and CBN, along with a range of beneficial terpenes from hemp, ensuring that you get the same quality and efficacy in every product.
cbdMD only gets the best cannabinoids to ensure the quality of our product. The cannabinoids are extracted very carefully to ensure that they do not lose any of the benefits of the hemp plant.
The cannabinoids we use in the process come from hemp that is American grown and cultivated using organic farming methods. Once in our labs, we take care of the rest. We implement our formula for our Superior Broad Spectrum CBD to keep you working at your best.
Adhering to the good manufacturing process or GMP, all of our tinctures are tested by a third-party lab to ensure the high quality of ingredients and final product. We also test for the purity and potency of each tincture.
Along with CBD, tinctures use a carrier oil to deliver the CBD to you. There are a few options like avocado oil, hemp seed oil, olive oil, and medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. Each oil has its pros and cons.
Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants and quickly absorbed by the body. Olive oil is high in iron and has the fastest skin absorption time. Hemp seed oil is full of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. But here at cbdMD, our favorite is MCT oil.
MCT oil, extracted from coconut or palm kernel oil, has many benefits. Your body burns it up more quickly than most other oils, meaning that more of it turns to energy and less into fat. It also has little flavor of its own, allowing it to blend well with different ingredients, and is slow to go rancid.
CBD Tincture Uses
Our CBD tinctures come in flavorless “natural,” or with orange, mint, and berry extracts. These flavors can not only help the tinctures go down easier by themselves but can work in some of your favorite dishes.
- The orange-flavored oil is a great addition to any salad dressings or smoothie.
- Berry can be added to other beverages and smoothies or can be added to yogurt to make a quick snack with more benefits.
- Mint can be a great addition to cocktails and teas. The mint tincture adds a new level of relaxation to your tea time.
- The natural flavor can be added to baked goods or into your morning coffee to keep you on the right foot for the rest of the day.
With the multiple ways to take them, using a CBD tincture every day is easy. A quick drop under the tongue or into your drink, and you are ready to get at the day and keep the stress away. Using the tincture won’t take a lot of time out of your day or disrupt the routine you place it in, whether it is morning, afternoon, or night.
The CBD tinctures we have will keep you running at peak performance. We are sure that our ingredients’ quality and the production process we have will put our tinctures a step above the rest.
If you try the tinctures and are not completely satisfied, our products come with a satisfaction guarantee. Let us know your trouble and send it back. We will happily refund your money within two months of the purchase date. We want to make sure that our CBD tinctures provide all the benefits you expect.